We have talked about food and cooking in English class and we decided to make desserts. We divided into groups of four. There were Borut, Rok, Žiga and Gašper in our group and we decided to make brownies. Mrs Katja bought the needed ingredients for our recipes.
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- good-quality semisweet chocolate, or bittersweet chocolate, 60-70% cacao, roughly chopped (225 g)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 cups castor sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Grease a 9×13-inch (23×33-cm) metal pan with softened butter, then line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides. Grease the parchment with softened butter.
- Mix the chopped chocolate, ¼ cup of cocoa powder, and espresso powder
- Add the butter to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the butter simmers about 5 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally. Immediately pour the hot butter over the chocolate mixture and let sit for 2 minutes. Whisk until the chocolate is completely smooth and melted, then set aside.
- Mix the castor sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on, pour in the slightly cooled chocolate and butter mixture and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to (180°C).
- Add in the flour and remaining cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake until lightly puffed on top, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven using oven mitts or kitchen towels, then gently drop the pan on a flat surface 1-2 times until the brownies deflate slightly. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Set the brownies on a cooling rack and cool completely in the pan.
- Use the parchment paper to lift the cooled brownies out of the pan. Cut into 24 bars and serve immediately.
Rok, Žiga,,Gašper, Borut
6 dag of sugar
24 dag of flour
A pinch of salt
2/4 l of milk
Raisins (as many as you wish)
First, beat the egg whites to make a fluffy texture. Then mix the dry ingredients and add the egg whites. After you mix all the ingredients add the raisins. Once the mixture is finished use a pan and fry the mixture until its golden. Cut the pancake into little pieces. Then serve it with chocolate or marmelade and enjoy.
Filip, Lalita, Ema and Laura
OREO DESSERT IN A CUP
The first layer:
12 oreo cookies
50 ml whipped cream
We need to cut the oreo cookies in half. Save the cream from the cookies in a special bowl. We need to crush the cookies and put the whipped cream onto the cookies and mix it. Spread the first layer into dessert cups.
The second layer:
cream from the cookies
50 g Milka oreo
4 spoons of mascarpone
50 ml whipped cream
Mix all of the ingredients to get the Oreo cream. Spread the secondlayer into dessert cups.
The third layer:
100 ml whipped cream
4 spoons mascarpone
1 spoon of vanilla sugar
Mix all the ingredients.
Spread the third layer into dessert cups.
Put the cups into a fridge for a few hours. A few hours later you can enjoy your dessert.
Jure, Alen, Kiar and Aljaž